All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting book is the only one of its kind. International Human Rights and Indigeus Peoples (Aspen Elective Series) will be the first published compilation of materials and commentary intended for use in courses focusing on the subject of indigeus peoples within the international human rights system. S. James Anaya, co-author of the well-kwn casebook, International Human Rights: Problems of Law, Policy and Practice, uses carefully edited material from varied sources to illustrate the major issues facing indigeus peoples today. This unique addition to the Elective Series features:
- complete or edited versions of all the major contemporary international documents concerning indigeus peoples--declarations, treaties, decisions, and interpretive statements by international human rights and other institutions on the topic--placed in the context of relevant historical antecedents.
- materials highlighting the major issues concerning indigeus peoples, including issues of self-determination, culture, lands and resources, collective rights, state responsibility for historical wrongs, and the meaning of the indigeus rubric. The issues are then linked to actual cases concerning or situations faced by indigeus groups.
- edited materials from a range of authors along with insightful commentary providing in-depth discussion of the issues and developments
- discussion of the international and domestic mechanisms by which human rights rms concerning indigeus peoples are implemented. This provides students with an understanding of the practical implications of the rms and their potential strategic value.
- background material on the authority and workings of the various international institutions that are addressing indigeus issues, enabling students to understand the legal or political significance of the relevant developments and place those developments within the broader context of the international human rights system
- Author(s)James J Lenoir Professor of Human Rights Law and Policy S James Anaya
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleElective
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.