All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fully updated and revised edition, the authors explore the evolution, nature and function of international law in world politics and situate international law in its historical and political context. They propose three interdisciplinary 'lenses' (realist, liberal and constructivist) through which to view the role of international law in world politics and suggest that the concept of an international society provides the overall context within which international legal developments occur. These theoretical perspectives offer different ways of looking at international law in terms of what it is, how it works and how it changes. Topics covered include the use of force, international crimes, human rights, international trade and the environment. The new edition also contains more material on n-western perspectives, international institutions and n-state actors and a new bibliography. Each chapter features discussion questions and guides to further reading.
- Author BiographyDavid Armstrong is Professor of Global Politics at the University of Buckingham and Emeritus Professor of International Relations at Exeter University. Theo Farrell is Professor of War in the Modern World at King's College London. Helene Lambert is Professor of International Law at the University of Westminster.
- Author(s)David Armstrong,Helene Lambert,Theo Farrell
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleThemes in International Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.