All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Law in the U.S. Legal System provides a wide-ranging overview of how international law intersects with the domestic legal system within the United States, and points out various unresolved issues and areas of controversy. Curtis Bradley covers all of the principal forms of international law: treaties, decisions and orders of international institutions, customary international law, and jus cogens rms. He also explores a number of issues that are implicated by the intersection of U.S. law and international law, such as foreign sovereign immunity, international human rights litigation, war powers, extradition, and extraterritoriality. This book highlights recent decisions and events relating to the topic (including decisions and events arising out of the war on terrorism), while also taking into account relevant historical materials, including materials relating to the U.S. Constitutional founding. Written by one of the most cited international law scholars in the United States, the book is a resource for lawyers, law students, legal scholars, and judges from around the world.
- Author BiographyCurtis Bradley is the William Van Alstyne Professor of Law at Duke University School of Law in the United States. Professor Bradley has been writing and teaching about international law and its status in the U.S. legal system for twenty years. In addition to publishing numerous scholarly articles in top law journals, he is the co-author of a leading casebook on U.S. foreign relations law. He has also served as the Counselor on International Law in the Legal Adviser's Office of the U.S. State Department and currently is a member of the Secretary of State's Advisory Committee on International Law. Professor Bradley is also a Reporter for the American Law Institute's Restatement (Fourth) project on foreign relations law and is a member of the Board of Editors of the American Journal of International Law.
- Author(s)Curtis A. Bradley
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight526 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.