International Management: Strategic Opportunities and Cultural Challenges by Paul D. Sweeney, Dean B. McFarlin (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the ecomies of many countries become more interrelated, international managers are facing huge challenges and unique opportunities associated with their roles. Now in its fifth edition, Sweeney and McFarlin's International Management embodies a balanced and integrated approach to the subject, emphasizing the strategic opportunities available to firms on a global playing field, as well as exploring the challenges of managing an international workforce. Integrating theory and practice across all chapter topics, this book helps students to learn, grasp, and apply the underlying principles of successful international management: * Understanding the broad context of international business, including the critical trends impacting international management, the legal and political forces driving international business, and the ethical and cultural dilemmas that can arise * Mastering the essential elements of effective interaction in the international arena, from cross-cultural understanding and communication to cross-border negotiation * Recognizing and taking advantage of strategic opportunities, such as entering and operating in foreign markets * Building and leading effective international teams, including personal and behavioral motivation, as well as taking an international perspective on the hiring, training, and development of employees These principles are emphasized in the text with current examples and practical applications, establishing a foundation for students to apply their understanding in the current global business environment. With a companion website featuring an instructor's manual, powerpoint slides, and a testbank, International Management, 5e is a superb resource for instructors and students of international management.
- Author BiographyPaul D. Sweeney is a Professor of Management and Associate Dean at the University of Dayton, USA. He is also a member of the Academy of Management (International & Organizational Behavior Division). Dean B. McFarlin is the Dean of the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business at Duquesne University, USA. He also serves as an Associate Editor for Academy of Management Perspectives and is a member of the editorial board for Journal of Management.
- Author(s)Dean B. McFarlin,Paul D. Sweeney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note95 colour illustrations, 82 colour tables, 13 colour line drawings
- Weight1292 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.