All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a long time, the study of macroecomics has focused almost exclusively on a closed ecomy and downplayed the role of international transactions. Today, however, researchers recognize that one cant fully understand domestic macroecomic relationships without considering the global ecomy within which each country operates. Increasingly, ecomists are treating international transactions as an integral part of the macroecomic system, and international macroecomics has become an area of intensive research activity.International Macroecomic Dynamics provides extensive applications of important macroecomic dynamic models to the international ecomy. It adopts the main contemporary macroecomic framework, the representative agent model, and develops a series of models of increasing complexity. The author considers both small and large ecomies and analyzes them in both deterministic and stochastic contexts. The emphasis is very much on the development of the analytical models; a vel feature is the extensive use of continuous-time stochastic methods. While the author applies the models to a range of important policy issues, particularly issues of fiscal policy, the reader is invited to view the analyses as blueprints for other applications.
- Author BiographyRobert M. Veatch, Ph.D., is Professor of Medical Ethics and former Director of the Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Washington Regional Transplant Consortium and a former member of the United Network for Organ Sharing Ethics Committee. He is the author ofTransplantation Ethics (Georgetown University Press, 2000).
- Author(s)Stephen J. Turnovsky
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note18
- Weight1248 g
- Width183 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.