All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the Singapore government's controversial practice of recruiting students from China and granting them full scholarships on the condition of a service bond . It offers detailed ethgraphic accounts of the Chinese foreign talent students' educational and cross-cultural experiences in Singapore to illustrate the complex intersections between international mobility and educational desire. In doing so, the book presents contemporary Singapore society's concerns over immigration and cross-cultural encounters from a unique perspective.
- Author BiographyPeidong Yang is Postdoctoral Fellow at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received his doctorate from the University of Oxford, UK. His research interests include education and migration in the China-Singapore contexts as well as Internet and media in contemporary China.
- Author(s)Peidong Yang
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAnthropological Studies of Education
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight329 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.