All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book seeks to understand the obligations of the international community to promote and protect state and human security in situations of international humanitarian crises. In Iraq and Syria, as well as in neighbouring states, the rise of ISIL has raised serious state and human security challenges. This study explores the relationships between the Global-Regional Partnership, the United Nations and nine organizations in their attempt to deal with the challenges presented by ISIL. Each organization is analyzed in terms of how it has responded in the past and how it is w responding to the ISIL threat based on three perspectives; resource capacities (military, political, ecomic, techlogical, rmative); willingness and readiness; and impediments to capacity and abilities. The overall aim is to discern what capacities and abilities international organizations have to protect state and human security and prevent civilians from mass atrocities inflicted by ISIL forces. The study addresses the role of international organizations when the UNSC is unable or unwilling to uphold the most fundamental rms and values in the UN Charter. This approach ackwledges that within the international community there is an overall acceptance on security for a partnership between the UN and regional organizations, but that there is also a contested call for a renegotiated international contract on state and human security. This volume will be of much interest to students of international relations, human rights, peace and conflict studies, terrorism studies and International Relations.
- Author BiographyDaniel Silander is Associate professor of Political Science at Linnaeus University, Sweden. Don Wallace is Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Central Missouri, USA. John Janzekovic is Lecturer of Politics and International Relations at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleGlobal Politics and the Responsibility to Protect
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDaniel Silander,Don Wallace,John Janzekovic
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.