All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe rewned and highly experienced editors of this book bring together the leading voices in contemporary English education under the banner of the International Federation for the Teaching of English (IFTE). The collected chapters here represent the very best of international writing on the teaching of English in the past decade. The key issues and debates surrounding English teaching across the globe are discussed and analysed accessibly, and incorporate wide-ranging topics including: * The impact of high stakes testing on teaching and learning; * Addressing the needs of mirity groups; * The digitization of literature and new conceptions of text; * Rewriting the can; * Dealing with curriculum change; * Best practices in the teaching of English; * The tension between 'literacy' and 'English'; * English and bilingual education; * The impact of digital techlogies on teaching and learning; * Conceptions of English as a subject [secondary and tertiary]; * Bringing the critical into the English/Literacy classroom; * The future of subject English; * Empowering voices on the margins; * Pre-service teacher education; * The social networking English classroom. This text looks at the changing face of subject English from the differing perspectives of policy makers, teacher educators, teachers and their students. It tackles some of the hard questions posed by techlogical advances in a global society, challenges conventional approaches to teaching and points to the emerging possibilities for a traditional school subject such as English in the face of rapid change and increasing societal expectations. Despite all of the converging political and techlogical threats, the authors of this engaging and insightful text portray an immense confidence in the ultimate worth of teaching and learning subject English.
- Author BiographyAndrew Goodwyn is Head of the Institute of Education, University of Reading, UK. Louann Reid is Professor of English at Colorado State University, USA. Cal Durrant is Associate Professor in English Curriculum and Literacy, and Director of the Literacy Research Hub at ACU in Sydney, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNational Association for the Teaching of English NATE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAndrew Goodwyn,Cal Durrant,Louann Reid
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.