All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the first international convention focused on stimulating trade through policy actions, the International Symposium on Trade Promotion and Assistance sought to present a comprehensive treatment of the role of the public sector in trade promotion. The papers presented at the conference have been collected in this book, and they review trade promotion activities at the international, state, and local levels. They also address the roles of private-sector institutions such as universities, trade centers, and trade associations in providing information and assistance to those companies interested in exporting. The book presents the invaluable experience and advice of experts who discuss obstacles firms face in exporting efforts and suggest how to achieve higher awareness levels, how to best assist firms in getting into the market, and how to make experienced exporters more successful. Divided into four parts, this collection features eighteen selections that address various aspects of trade promotion and assistance. The five chapters that make up Part I focus on state and federal programs in trade promotion. Part II, which contains seven chapters, looks at trade promotion programs in such countries as England, Norway, Australia, and China. Part III presents four readings on university and private initiatives in stimulating partnerships for export promotion, and Part IV features three chapters of empirical research findings on exporting with implications for public policy. A conclusion and index are also included, as well as a number of tables and figures. This book will be an important reference for companies involved in international business and sales, for business and marketing courses, and for public and academic libraries.
- Author BiographyS. TAMER CAVUSGIL is Director of the International Business Development Program at Michigan State University. He is also the developer of CORE software, a microcomputer program to assess company readiness to export. His publications include Export Market Research: A Guide to Profitable Exporting and Doing Business with Developing Countries: A Negotiations Framework. In addition, he serves as the editor of two professional publications and is an active member of the Academy of International Business, American Marketing Association, European International Business Association, and the Academy of Marketing Science. MICHAEL R. CZINKOTA is Professor of Marketing and International Business at the School of Business Administration at Georgetown University. He served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Trade Information and Analysis. Among his publications are Export Policy: A Global Assessment and Export Development Strategies.
- Date of Publication06/04/1990
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael R. Czinkota,S. Tamer Cavusgil
- Foreword byRichard J. Lewis,Ralph H. Smuckler
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.70New
- AU $11.12Used
- AU $19.94New
- AU $53.62New
- AU $24.00New
- AU $19.94New
- AU $19.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.47
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.