All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Research in Science and Soccer showcases the very latest research into the world's most widely played sport. With contributions from world-leading researchers and practitioners working at every level of the game, from grass roots to elite level, the book covers every key aspect of preparation and performance, including: * contemporary issues in soccer coaching * psychological preparation and development of players * physical preparation and development of players * nutrition and recovery * talent identification and development * strength and conditioning in soccer * injury prevention and rehabilitation * soccer academies. Sports scientists, trainers, coaches, physiotherapists, medical doctors, psychologists, educational officers and professionals working in soccer will find this in-depth, comprehensive volume an essential and up-to-date resource. The papers contained within this volume were first presented at The First World Congress on Science and Soccer, held in May 2008 in Liverpool, UK. The meeting was held under the auspices of the World Commission of Science and Sports.
- Author BiographyBarry Drust is a Reader in Applied Exercise Physiology at the Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moore's University. His main research interests are the physiology of intermittent exercise and temperature regulation. He has published numerous books and journal articles on the physiology of soccer players. Thomas Reilly was Director of the Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences at Liverpool John Moore's University from 1996 to 2009. He is the Chair of the International Steering Group for Science and Football, and for 13 years was Chair of the Exercise Physiology Steering Group of the British Olympic Association. He was awarded a Doctor of Science degree for his research work in 1999 and has worked in sports science support roles with professional football teams and Olympic Games athletes. A. Mark Williams is Professor of Motor Behaviour at the Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moore's University. He has published widely in areas related to motor control and learning, sport psychology, performance analysis and talent identification.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note33 black & white tables, 48 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byA. Mark Williams,Barry Drust,Thomas Reilly
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.