All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Social Work Practice compares and contrasts divergent social work approaches in countries around the world, providing students with a unique perspective on social work as it is actually practised. Using case studies from frontline practitioners from across the globe, this invative new textbook stimulates critical thinking about international social work practice issues. Providing a review of both country-specific social work practices and universal social work issues, the text looks at a variety of core social work topics, framed here in terms of CSWE competencies. Set within a theoretical framework presented in the introductory chapter, the subjects covered include: * child welfare * intimate partner violence * family conflict and communication * elder care * substance abuse * trauma. Each chapter presents several case studies exploring range of issues within the broader topic and each case study is commented on by two narratives from social work academics and practitioners from different countries, providing different cultural perspectives. Taking a practical hands-on approach, this text includes a dedicated section for classroom use, with discussion questions, classroom exercises and additional cases for your own analysis. It will be particularly useful to BSW and MSW students taking courses in international social work, practice, social welfare and human behaviour.
- Author BiographyJoanna E. Bettmann is an Associate Professor and the MSW Program Director at the University of Utah College of Social Work, USA. Gloria Jacques is an Associate Professor in the Department of Social Work at the University of Botswana. Caren J. Frost is the Director of International Social Work Research and a Research Professor at the University of Utah College of Social Work, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCaren J. Frost,Gloria Jacques,Joanna Ellen Bettmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.