All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe number of international students studying on campuses in the United States is at an all-time high. International students bring with them special skills and insights, but they also present unique challenges for our educational systems. Libraries play a critical role in connecting these foreign students, t only to our universities and colleges, but also to the information literacy skills they need to succeed. The insightful case studies presented in International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Success describe over a dozen exciting projects that support the success of international students studying at academic institutions. The work provides numerous examples of new and invative strategies for librarians to encourage library use among international students and increase international student success. This volume is essential reading for academic librarians, library educators and professional collections at institutions that support international student populations.
- Author BiographyPamela Jackson is the Information Literacy Librarian at San Diego State University (SDSU). She has been active in outreach to diverse student populations, planning library support for international students, and coordinating interactive online library education. Jackson is a member of Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars. Patrick Sullivan has worked extensively with international students since entering the library field. He is actively involved in the local San Diego State University (SDSU) Scholars without Borders and previously with Phi Beta Delta International Scholars Society. He is currently the Business Reference Librarian at San Diego State University.
- Author(s)Pamela A. Jackson,Patrick Sullivan
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.