All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the pressing challenges presented by the proliferation of international surrogacy arrangements. The book is divided into three parts. Part 1 contains National Reports on domestic approaches to surrogacy from Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States and Venezuela. The reports are written by domestic specialists, each demonstrating the difficult and urgent problems arising in many States as a result of international surrogacy arrangements. These National Reports t only provide the backdrop to the authors' proposed model regulation appearing in Part 3, but serve as a key resource for scrutinising the most worrying incompatibilities in national laws on surrogacy. Part 2 of the book contains two contributions that provide international perspectives on cross-border surrogacy such as the 'human rights' perspective. Part 3 contains a General Report, which consists of an analysis of the National Reports appearing in Part 1, together with a proposed model of regulation of international surrogacy arrangements at the international level written by the two co-editors, Paul Beaumont and Katarina Trimmings. The research undertaken by Katarina Trimmings and Paul Beaumont from 2010 to 2012 was funded by the Nuffield Foundation.
- Author BiographyPaul Beaumont is a Professor of European Union and Private International Law at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Katarina Trimmings is a Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Private International Law
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight987 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKatarina Trimmings,Paul Beaumont
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.