All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionOverviewInternational System of Units(SI) (Print On-Demand Edition) is a one-of-a-kind book. It provides detailed information on the metric system, its origin, history, and how the base and derived units were established.The book has four chapters (Measurement Systems, the International System of Units, Metrication in the United States, and United States Metric Association), appendices, an afterword, and references. The book is principally aimed at educating students in the United States, but it will also be of interest to anyone who enjoys the popular sciences. This is a Print-On-Demand title. It has a CD-ROM companion (ISBN978-0-8311-3466-2) for which publication has ceased.
- Author BiographyDr. Edmund Isakov. Ph.D., has enjoyed a long and distinguished career in metalworking. He earned his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Mechanical Engineering at the V. Bakul Institute for Superhard Materials (Kiev, Ukraine). He is known for his work in research, development and applications of cuttting tools for milling, turning and boring. Dr. Isakov has authoredMechanical Properties of Work Materialsand numerous articles and papers on metalcutting. He holds several U.S. patents and numerous U.S.S.R Inventor's Certificates pertaining to carbide and diamond tools. during nearly two decades at Kennametal, Inc., he became a noted authority on the technical analysis of cutting tools. Dr. Isakov is now an independent consulant and manufacturing sciences writer based in Florida. He is a senior member of SME.
- Author(s)Edmund Isakov
- PublisherIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight739 g
- Width208 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.