All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Textbook of Diabetes Mellitus has been a successful, well-respected medical textbook for almost 20 years, over 3 editions. Encyclopaedic and international in scope, the textbook covers all aspects of diabetes ensuring a truly multidisciplinary and global approach. Sections covered include epidemiology, diagsis, pathogenesis, management and complications of diabetes and public health issues worldwide. It incorporates a vast amount of new data regarding the scientific understanding and clinical management of this disease, with each new edition always reflecting the substantial advances in the field. Whereas other diabetes textbooks are primarily clinical with less focus on the basic science behind diabetes, ITDM's primary philosophy has always been to comprehensively cover the basic science of metabolism, linking this closely to the pathophysiology and clinical aspects of the disease. Edited by four world-famous diabetes specialists, the book is divided into 13 sections, each section edited by a section editor of major international prominence. As well as covering all aspects of diabetes, from epidemiology and pathophysiology to the management of the condition and the complications that arise, this fourth edition also includes two new sections on NAFLD, NASH and n-traditional associations with diabetes, and clinical trial evidence in diabetes. This fourth edition of an internationally recognised textbook will once again provide all those involved in diabetes research and development, as well as diabetes specialists with the most comprehensive scientific reference book on diabetes available.
- Author BiographyRalph DeFronzo, Professor of Medicine and Chief of the Diabetes Division, The University of Texas Health Science Centre at San Antonio, and Deputy Director of Texas Diabetic Institute, San Antonio, Texas, USA. Ele Ferrannini, Professor of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Pisa School of Medicine, Pisa, Italy. K. George M. M Alberti, Visiting Professor, King's College, London, UK; Senior Research Investigator, Imperial College, London, UK; Emeritus Professor of Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne. Paul Zimmet, Director Emeritus, Victor Smorgon Diabetes Centre, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute; Adjunct Professor, Monash University; Honorary President, International Diabetes Federation; Chair, Programme Committee, World Diabetes Congress 2013, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight3584 g
- Width222 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine59 mm
- Edited byEle Ferrannini,George Alberti,Paul Zimmet,Ralph A. DeFronzo
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.