All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionInternationalisation of Social Sciences in Central and Eastern Europe explores the way in which social sciences, in comparison with other sciences in Europe, have been divided by the political orders of West and East. As part of the field of science policies in Europe, this book contributes to the creation of a new understanding of the European academic landscape of social sciences with particular focus on CEE countries. In its investigation of the emergence of social sciences in Central and Eastern Europe following the collapse of the totalitarian systems, this book discusses how the internationalisation of the social sciences and the convergence between Western and Eastern social scientific life is hindered by factors including funding, academic contacts, and curriculum development. The issues addressed within the text serve to prompt the realisation that coherence in European social sciences can be reached only if new academic traditions and cultures are developed, and science policies harmonised. This book is essential reading for undergraduate and graduate students of European Integration, CEE or Transitional Studies, and any courses related to science policies. It is also relevant to science administrators and policy makers at national and European level.
- Author BiographyIlona Palne Kovacs is Director for the Transdanubian Research Institute of the Centre for Regional Studies and Professor at the University of Pecs, Department of Political Science. She has led many local and international research projects in the fields of local and regional government, and regional policy. She has also written numerous books and articles. Dagmar Kutsar is Associate Professor of Social Policy, and Head of the Unit of Family and Welfare Studies at the University of Tartu. Recent publications include 'On determinants of perceived social exclusion among young adults of middle-sized towns in Estonia, Germany and the United Kingdom' Youth in Contemporary Europe (Routledge, forthcoming).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables, 39 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDagmar Kutsar,Ilona Palne Kovacs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.