Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $38.12Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $35.77Trending at AU $36.23
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.43
- AU $5.61Trending at AU $8.05
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $50.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors of the book and the contributors challenge library schools to internationalize their curricula at a time when provincial nationalism seems to be prevalent and the profession on the whole is more concerned with the how to rather than the why, and when information techlogy is being studied almost in isolation from the key social issues of the computer age. The book should be read by all individuals concerned with library education and international programs in particular and the library/information profession in general. Library Quarterly Internationalizing Library and Information Science Education: A Handbook of Policies and Procedures in Administration and Curriculum deals with one of the most critical issues in librarianship today: the complexities involved in operating libraries in a world where the international exchange of ideas, activities, and techlogies is a constant force. As defined by editors John F. Harvey and Frances Laverne Carroll, internationalism is the process by which a nationally defined library topic, curriculum, or school becomes responsive to international policies or perspectives. The theme of this volume is this change in perspective.
- Author BiographyJOHN F. HARVEY is an international library consultant who has served as Dean of the School of Library and Information Science at Drexel University, Dean of Library Services at the University of New Mexico and Hofstra University and Visiting Professor of Library Science at Mottahedin University, Teheran, Iran. FRANCES LAVERNE CARROLL is Professor of Library Science at the University of Oklahoma, Norman.
- Author(s)Frances Laverne Carroll,John F. Harvey
- Date of Publication17/02/1987
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.