All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings together the most interesting and outstanding papers from the Internet Research Conference held in Toronto in 2003. Taken individually, each paper makes an important contribution to the emerging field of Internet research, but the collection as a whole presents key perspectives on the most significant directions in the field. In particular, the papers discuss how we must w consider the relationship of Internet-based activities to those offline, rather than concentrating exclusively on the virtual. Papers advance important ideas and present research findings in relation to information theory, the Internet at home, theorizing time and the Internet, online activism, the digital divide, and more. This annual, the second in the series, demonstrates the vibrant and diverse nature of Internet scholarship fostered by the Association of Internet Researchers.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Mia Consalvo is Assistant Professor in the School of Telecommunications at Ohio University. She is the executive editor of the AoIR Internet Research Annual series, and she has also edited the volume Women and Everyday Uses of the Internet: Agency and Identity (Lang, 2002) with Susanna Paasonen. She is currently writing a book on the role of cheating in the digital game industry. Matthew Allen is currently Associate Professor of Internet Studies at Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia. Program Chair for the 2003 AoIR conference from which this collection was drawn, Dr. Allen has most recently written about Internet policy in Australia and the development of broadband. He established the Internet Studies Program at Curtin and is now active in supervising doctoral students in this exciting transdisciplinary area.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Edited byMatthew Allen,Mia Consalvo
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.