All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engineer's companion to using numerical methods for the solution of complex mathematical problems. It explains the theory behind current numerical methods and shows in a step-by-step fashion how to use them, focusing on interpolation and regression models. The methods and examples are taken from a wide range of scientific and engineering fields, including chemical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, medicine, and environmental science. The material is based on several courses for scientists and engineers taught by the authors, and all the exercises and problems are classroom-tested. The required software is provided by way of a freely accessible program library at the University of Milan that provides up-to-date software tools for all the methods described in the book.
- Author BiographyGuido Buzzi-Ferraris is full professor of process systems engineering at Politecnico die Milano, Italy, where he holds two courses: Methods and Numerical Applications in Chemical Engineering and Regression Models and Statistics . He works on numerical analysis, statistics, differential systems, and optimization. He has authored books of international relevance on numerical analysis, such as Scientific C++ edited by Addison-Wesley, and over than 200 papers on international magazines. He is the inventor and the developer of BzzMath library, which is currently adopted by academies, R&D groups, and industries. He is permanent member of the EFCE Working Party - Computer Aided Process Engineering since 1969 and editorial advisory board of Computers & Chemical Engineering since 1987. Flavio Manenti is assistant professor of process systems engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Italy. He obtained his academic degree and PhD at Politecnico di Milano, where he currently collaborates with Professor Buzzi-Ferraris. He holds courses on Process Dynamics and Control of Industrial Processes and Supply Chain Optimization and he works on numerical analysis, process control and optimization. He has also received international scientific awards, such as Memorial Burianec (Prague, CZ) and Excellence in Simulation (Lake Forest, CA, USA), for his research activities and scientific publications.
- Author(s)Flavio Manenti,Guido Buzzi-Ferraris
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication10/03/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width180 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.