All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fundamental and at times provocative study, Walker demonstrates that Paul's letters contain later, n-Pauline additions or interpolations and that such interpolations can sometimes be identified with relative confidence. He begins by establishing that interpolations are to be assumed simply on a priori grounds, that direct text-critical evidence is t essential for their recognition, that the burden of proof in their identification is lighter than most have assumed, and that specific evidence for interpolation is often available.Successive chapters then argue that 1 Cor. 11.3-16, 1 Cor. 2.6-16, 1 Cor. 12.31b-14.1a, and Rom. 1.18-2.29 are in fact n-Pauline interpolations, and Walker goes on to summarize arguments for the same conclusion regarding five additional passages. A brief epilogue addresses the question of interpolations and the canical authority of scripture.
- Author BiographyWilliam O. Walker, Jr is the Jennie Farris Railey King Professor of Religion, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas.
- Author(s)William O. Walker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/12/2001
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJournal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 213
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight559 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.