All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades the explosive growth of globalization and regional integration has fuelled parallel growth in multilingual conferences. Although conference interpreting has come of age as a profession, interpreter training programs have had varied success, pointing to the need for an instructional manual which covers the subject comprehensively. This book seeks to fill that need by providing a structured syllabus and an overview of interpretation accompanied by exercises in various aspects of the art. It is meant to serve as a practical guide for interpreters and as a complement to interpreter training programs in the classroom and online, particularly those for students preparing for conference interpreting in international governmental and business settings. This expanded second edition includes additional exercises and provides direct links to a variety of web-based resources and practice speeches, also including additional language combinations.
- Author BiographyJames Nolan, a senior United Nations linguist, has served as Deputy Director of the UN Interpretation, Meetings and Publishing Division, Head of Linguistic and Conference Services of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, and head of the UN Verbatim Reporting Service. A graduate of the University of Geneva School of Translation and Interpretation and of New York Law School, Mr. Nolan has over 25 years' experience of interpretation and translation, which he has taught at New York University, the University of the Witwatersrand, and other institutions.
- Author(s)James Nolan
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- Series TitleProfessional Interpreting in the Real World
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight445 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.