All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionInterweaving universal themes - the nature of identity, the meaning of family, the emotional legacy of the past - Interpreters magnificently unravels the impact of a war that resonates across four generations. One woman wants to uncover the truth about her family history. Ather guards her secrets in order to stay sane. When Julia Rosenthal returns to England and visits her suburban childhood home, the memories and unspoken tensions of family life come flooding back. Looking for clues and determined to find some answers, she tries to make sense of her odd childhood and understand why her free-spirited brother has a much easier relationship with her teenage daughter. In a different place and time, Julia's mother struggles to tell her own story, gradually revealing the secrets of her early years in wartime Germany - secrets she has carried through the century - until past and present collide with unexpected and haunting results.
- Author BiographySue Eckstein worked for VSO for many years in London, Bhutan and the Gambia. Now a lecturer at Brighton and Sussex Medical School, she is also working on a PhD in creative writing at the University of Sussex. Her plays include The Tuesday Group, first performed in London in 2003, as well as Kaffir Lilies ('Really wonderful - a first rate production' Nell Dunn), Laura and Old School Ties ('Sparky and intriguing, written and performed with a real edge' Guardian) all for BBC Radio 4. Her first novel The Cloths of Heaven was published to great acclaim in 2009, and serialised on BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour in 2010.
- PrizesWinner of People's Book Prize: Fiction 2012/2013.
- Author(s)Sue Eckstein
- PublisherMyriad Editions
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyriad Editions
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.