All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors of this volume organized the symposium Interpreting...Naturally at Universitat Jaume I (Castellon, Spain) in November 2009. They have w compiled some of the most outstanding work presented at the event by young researchers, which is included in this book as a sequel of Interpreting Naturally. A tribute to Brian Harris. Furthermore, the editors have invited seasoned and rewned academics to contribute to Brian Harris' well deserved homage. Their contributions mainly deal with natural translation (NT), a tion coined by Brian Harris to describe untrained bilinguals' ability to translate. The authors seek to further develop NT by connecting it with related areas: bilingualism and translator competence, cultural brokering, language learning and interpreter training, interpreting paradigms and training. Furthermore, they discuss rms and directionality in interpreting, interpreting quality, interpreting in the public services, postgraduate interpreter training and the profession.
- Author BiographyMaria Amparo Jimenez Ivars and Maria Jesus Blasco Mayor lecture in Interpreting at Universitat Jaume I (Castellon, Spain). They have worked both as intepreters and translators. Blasco Mayor's main research interest focusses on the comprehension component of interpreting training, whereas Jimenez Ivars' deals with interpreting skills and performance from a pedagogical standpoint.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication14/04/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight370 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMaria Amparo Jimenez Ivars,Maria Jesus Blasco Mayor
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.