All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the theological lessons to be learnt from 2000 years of Christian Church history. * An exploration of the theological lessons to be learnt from the difficult history of the Christian churches over the past 2,000 years * Opens with an introductory essay on the whole of Church history, making the book suitable for lay readers as well as students * Combines historical, historiographical and theological analysis * Reunites the disciplines of theology and Church history * Concludes that we can only ever perceive a facet of Christianity given our historical and cultural conditioning * Written by a distinguished Church historian.
- Author BiographyEuan Cameron is Academic Dean and Henry Luce III Professor of Reformation Church History at Union Theological Seminary in New York; and Professor in the Department of Religion of Columbia University. He was previously Professor of Early Modern History at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. His recent publications include The European Reformation (1991), Early Modern Europe (1999), and Waldenses (Blackwell, 2000).
- Author(s)Euan K. Cameron
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.