All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter how advanced the techlogy, there is always the human factor involved - the power behind the techlogy. Interpreting Remote Sensing Imagery: Human Factors draws together leading psychologists, remote sensing scientists, and government and industry scientists to consider the factors involved in expertise and perceptual skill. This book covers the cognitive issues of learning, perception, and expertise, the applied issues of display design, interface design, software design, and mental workload issues, and the practitioner's issues of workstation design, human performance, and training. It tackles the intangibles of data interpretation, based on information from experts who do the job. You will learn: Information and perception What do experts perceive in remote sensing and cartographic displays? Reasoning and perception How do experts see through the data display to understand its meaning and significance? Human-computer interaction How do experts work with their displays and what happens when the fiddle with them? Learning and training What are the milestones in training development from vice to expert image interpreter? Interpreting Remote Sensing Imagery: Human Factors breaks down the mystery of what experts do when they interpret data, how they learn, and what individual factors speed or impede training. Even more importantly, it gives you the tools to train efficiently and understand how the human factor impacts data interpretation.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLewis Publishers,U.S.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight648 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Markman,Robert R. Hoffman
- Format DetailsSewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.