All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterpreting and Using Regression sets out the actual procedures researchers employ, places them in the framework of statistical theory, and shows how good research takes account both of statistical theory and real world demands. Achen builds a working philosophy of regression that goes well beyond the abstract, unrealistic treatment given in previous texts.
- Author BiographyChris Achen's research interest is political methodology, particularly in its application to empirical democratic theory, American politics, and international relations. He is the author of two books, Interpreting and Using Regression and The Statistical Analysis of Quasi-Experiments, and co-author of a third, Cross-Level Inference. His next two books, for which he is a co-editor and contributor, will be The European Union Decides, and Voter Turnout in Multi-Level Systems. He was the first president of the Political Methodology Section of the American Political Science Association, and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He has received fellowships from the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, the National Science Foundation, and Princeton's Center for the Study of Democratic Politics. He is also the recipient of an award from the University of Michigan for lifetime achievement in training graduate students. Ph.D. Yale University.
- Author(s)Christopher H. Achen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/11/1982
- Series TitleQuantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.