All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere will always be a need for professionals to work collaboratively if they are to provide the highest standard of care. Interprofessional working encourages practitioners to understand the roles of other professionals and to learn from each other, as well as from service users and carers, to ensure the full benefit of this collaboration is realised. It is an essential element of both education and practice for today's professionals. Interprofessional Working in Health and Social Care discusses the rationale, skills and conditions required for interprofessional working. In addition, it provides an overview of the roles and perspectives of different health professionals across a broad range of expertise: education, housing, medicine, midwifery, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, police, probation, radiography, social work and youth work. The second edition: * Offers a broad variety of case studies from a range of fi elds and settings. * Includes a new chapter dedicated to interprofessional working with service users and carers. * Looks forward, offering brand new content on new and emerging roles such as specialist paramedics and approved mental health practitioners. This book is a valuable tool for students and practitioners across the health and social care discipline, employing engaging case studies and reflective activities to support learning about interprofessional and interagency collaboration. Erratum: please te the term 'Approved Mental Health Practitioner' has been used in error, instead of 'Approved Mental Health Professional'. This will be corrected as soon as possible on the next reprint and the e-book version has been corrected.
- Author BiographyJudith Thomas is Continuing Professional Development Manager for Social Work at the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at the University of the West of England, UK. Katherine C. Pollard is Senior Research Fellow at the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at the University of the West of England, UK. Derek Sellman is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Nursing at the University of Alberta, Canada.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 1 figures
- Weight388 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDerek Sellman,Judith Thomas,Katherine Pollard
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.