All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is about interprofessional communication and through an ethgraphic, interactive sociolinguistic, and cultural approach introduces a discourse perspective to the analysis of interprofessional communication. It looks at the various participants - voices - present and absent, invited and uninvited - and their contributions to team discourse about children who are evaluated for mental retardation/developmental disabilities. The authors are particularly concerned about the parents' perspective and how their concerns about their children are perceived by professionals; and how professionals of various disciplines perceive each other and children. The authors view assessments as interactively constructed by the team and identify whose contributions enter into the discourse. Ultimately, they are concerned with whose voice counts and the impact of the interactive process on families and children.
- Author(s)Marleen McClelland,Roberta G. Sands
- PublisherHampton Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- Series TitleLanguage & Social Processes S.
- Place of PublicationCresskill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHampton Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.