All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelen Graham here brings together leading historians of international rewn to examine 20th-century Spain in light of Franco's dictatorship and its legacy. Interrogating Francoism uses a three-part structure to look at the old regime, the civil war and the forging of Francoism; the nature of Franco's dictatorship; and the 'history wars' that have since taken place over his legacy. Social, political, ecomic and cultural historical approaches are integrated throughout and 'top down' political analysis is incorporated along with 'bottom up' social perspectives. The book places Spain and Francoism in comparative European context and explores the relationship between the historical debates and present-day political and ideological controversies in Spain. In part a tribute to Paul Preston, the foremost historian of contemporary Spain today, Interrogating Francoism includes an interview with Professor Preston and a comprehensive bibliography of his work, as well as extensive further readings in English. It is a crucial volume for all students of 20th-century Spain.
- Author BiographyHelen Graham is Professor of Modern European History at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. She is the author of The Spanish Republic at War (2003), The Spanish Civil War: A Very Short Introduction (2005) and The War and its Shadow: Spain's Civil War in Europe's Long Twentieth Century (2012).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight447 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHelen Graham
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.