All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntersectionality: A Foundations and Frontiers Reader is an accessible, primary-source driven exploration of intersectionality in sociology and related fields. The book maps the origins of the concept, particularly in Black feminist thought and sociology, opens the discourse to challenges and applications across disciplines and outside academia, and explores the leading edges of scholarship to reveal important new directions for inquiry and activism. Charting the development of intersectionality as an intellectual and political movement, Patrick R. Grzanka brings together in one text both foundational readings and emerging classics. Original material includes: Grzanka's nuanced introduction which provides broad context and poses guiding questions; thematic unit introductions; author biographies and suggestions for further reading to ground each excerpt; and a conclusion by Bonnie Thornton Dill reflecting on the past, present, and future of intersectionality. With its balanced mix of analytical, applied, and original content, Intersectionality is an essential component of any course on race, class, and gender, feminist theory, or social inequalities.
- Author BiographyPatrick R. Grzanka is an assistant professor of psychology at the University of Tennessee. Grzanka's research investigates the social life of emotions, such as shame, guilt, and happiness, with a particular focus on how emotions manifest at the intersections of race, gender, and sexuality. His research has been supported by funding from the National Science Foundation, and his writing has appeared in a wide range of journals, including the Journal of Counseling Psychology, Symbolic Interaction, American Journal of Bioethics: Neuroscience, and Sexualities.
- Author(s)Patrick R Grzanka
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.