All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book makes an essential contribution to the developing and expanding scope of the field of applied linguistics through an understanding of applied linguistics as a meeting place. As Terrence G. Wiley of the Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC, states in the Foreword, Intersections: Applied Linguistics as a Meeting Place extends the boundaries of the field while providing spaces for mediating within it and between other disciplines. This book presents 16 papers by important researchers working in various countries around the globe. It focuses on the many junctions within applied linguistics and its intersections with other disciplines and areas of practice as diverse as education, indigeus issues, language development, literacy, and social interaction. Applied linguistics also has connections with broader areas such as the arts, law, medicine and health, society, politics and policy, and techlogy. The book will appeal to academics, teachers, teacher educators, and undergraduate and postgraduate students working in applied linguistics and language education, and those who take an interest in the many connections between applied linguistics and other disciplines and areas of practice.
- Author BiographyElke Stracke is an Associate Professor in the TESOL/Foreign Language Teaching Programme in the Faculty of Arts and Design at the University of Canberra, Australia. As an educator and researcher, she is interested in language learning and teaching, and feedback practices and peer learning in postgraduate supervision practice. In her work, she draws on her experience of teaching and researching in Applied Linguistics and TESOL in Australia, China, Germany, New Zealand, and Vietnam.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight617 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byElke Stracke
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.