All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Hamburger's new collection gathers his shorter poems written since his Collected Poems of 1994. His strong and sinuous poems are alert to the intersections of past and present, of continuity and change. His searching form of nature poetry is informed, as Iain Galbraith put it in PN Review , by 'a language whose philosophical and metaphysical scope is unique in contemporary British poetry'.
- Author BiographyMichael Hamburger was born in Berlin in 1924, and came to Britain as a child. He has taught widely in America and Britain and is the outstanding contemporary translator and critic of German literature. His awards include the German Federal Republic's Goethe Medal in 1986 for services to German literature. Anvil publishes several of his translations, including editions of Goethe, Holderlin, Rilke and 'Poems of Paul Celan', which received the EC's European Translation Prize in 1990. His 'Collected Poems 1941-1994' was published in 1995 by Anvil, who also publish his seminal critical work 'The Truth of Poetry'.
- Author(s)Michael Hamburger
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight177 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.