All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe challenge of getting yourself or someone you love into recovery can be daunting. Family and friends are often confused about how to approach the addict and a professional intervention is t something everyone can afford. Kathy L., the 12-step recovery columnist for Bellaonline, one of the largest sites for women on the web, explains the concept of intervention-the critical waking up point when the addict accepts that addiction has taken over his life. She offers stories of real people-drug addicts, alcoholics, gambling, sex, and food addicts, and the friends and family who want to help them. Book includes: - Three types of interventions: formal, informal and divine - Advice from counselors and family members who have used interventions successfully. - More than twenty different first hand accounts-stories from addicts as well as family members who have staged interventions on their own. - What happens after an intervention or when the person decides to begin recovery - How to recognize enabling behavior - How dual and poly-addiction can affect recovery This is a book for friends, family members, mental health professionals dealing with addiction issues, and addicts and alcoholics in recovery. These stories offer a measure of faith and hope that life outside of addiction is possible.
- Author BiographyKathy L. is the 12 Step Recovery Editor for BellaOnline. Her articles have been used to help counselors, therapists, support groups, and individuals dealing with addiction and recovery. She is a mother and grandmother, and currently resides in Arizona. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Kathy L.
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Weight400 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.