All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a musician at the popular college cafe Coed Joe s, high school senior Kai Manter is never lacking for male attention. Out, proud, free-spirited, and sexually aware, Kai sets his sights on his darkly Gothic and undeniably bad-tempered coworker, Jamie Arlotta, a freshman at the local arts university. Sporting long hair and alluring hippie style, Kai expects his interest will be reciprocated, with satisfying sex as the end goal. That s what usually happens. But Jamie s lessons in life have been harsher. Having been sexually abused by his older stepbrother for several years, Jamie has grown an impenetrable outer shell meant to keep the world at a safe distance. Kai is angry at first when he takes the brunt of Jamie s bad temper, but after Kai accidentally discovers the abuse Jamie has suffered, he wants to fix things. Kai s plan is based on what he kws best music and he stages a musical intervention to let Jamie kw he s t alone and things can get better. When Jamie s perspective changes and he emerges from his shell, Kai changes, too, gaining a whole new understanding of what sex can be when love is there too.
- Author(s)Mia Kerick
- PublisherHarmony Ink Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarmony Ink Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.