Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionInterventional radiology has seen a dramatic increase in the number of minimally invasive therapies performed. Interventional radiology treatments w play a major role in many disease processes and continues to grow with new procedures added to the armamentarium of the interventional radiologist, almost on a yearly basis. There are many textbooks which are disease specific, which incorporate interventional radiology techniques. These books are important to understand the natural history, epidemiology, pathophysiology and diagsis of disease processes. However, a detailed handbook that describes the technique of performing the various interventional radiology procedures is a useful addition to have in the Cath Lab, where information can be accessed easily before, during or even after a case. This technique-specific book is primarily of benefit to those in training in general radiology and more specifically for Residents and Fellows who are training in interventional radiology and who may be taking subspeciality certificate examinations in interventional radiology. In addition, this book will be of help to most practicing interventional radiologists, be they be in academic or private practice. This is the kind of book that can be left in the interventional lab and will be of benefit to ancillary staff, such as technicians/radiographers or nurses who are specialising in the care of patients referred to interventional radiology. This volume on neurointervention will enhance the series by expounding on the specific techniques required when working on conditions of the head, neck and spine.
- Author BiographyAbout the Volume Editors: Kieran Murphy, MD is Vice Chair and Vice Chief of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Toronto, and Chair of the Advisory on the technology transfer offices and commercialization of intellectual property for the university health network. Previous positions include the Director of Interventional Neuroradiology at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Director of Research in the neuroradiology section of the Albany Medical College in New York. His research focuses on the use of imaging techniques to guide surgical intervention, particularly brain aneurysms and carotid artery disease. Fergus Robertson, MD is a Consultant Neuroradiologist at the National Hospital for Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery (part of University College London Hospital). He is a well-known expert in the field.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleTechniques in Interventional Radiology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byFergus Robertson,Kieran Murphy
- Series Edited byMichael J. Lee,Anthony Watkinson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.