All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLearn more about the Comprehensive Intervention Model! Click here for a guided tour. Celebrated literacy experts Linda J. Dorn and Carla Soffos guide teachers and administrators in implementing effective reading interventions for children in kindergarten through third grade. Based on the authors' Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM), the authors' present a portfolio of small group interventions for meeting the diverse needs of struggling readers. Each grade-band resource includes a wealth of research-based activities, scaffolding techniques, and assessment tools that guide teachers in promoting strategic learners. The book comes with a CD containing an appendix of forms, guides, and checklists for each chapter. Paired with the five-part DVD series, A Comprehensive Intervention Model for Preventing Reading Failure provides training and support for teachers in learning about small groups as an intervention. Each of the DVDs-Guided Reading Plus Group (grades 1-3), Assisted Writing Group (kindergarten to grade 3), Comprehension Focus Group (grades 4-8), Content Strategy Group (grades 4-8) and Using Data for Progress Monitoring (grades K-8)-include two disks of classroom video and resources along with a facilitator's guide and can be used as a Response to Intervention method. The Interventions That Work series is exactly what you need for ensuring the literacy success of your students!
- Author BiographyLinda J. Dorn is a Professor and graduate coordinator for the doctoral program in reading education at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. She is Director of the Center for Literacy where she coordinates the development and implementation of five literacy initiatives, including the Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy (PCL) Model and the Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM). She has co-authored four books, including Apprenticeship in Literacy: Transitions Across Reading and Writing, numerous book chapters, scholarly articles, research reports, and professional development videos including the Interventions That Work series. Her upcoming publication with Carla Soffos is focused on interventions that work for adolescent struggling readers. Carla Soffos is a literacy coach and Reading Recovery teacher leader at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. She has twenty-six years of experience in education, including teaching in the primary grades and literacy coaching in grades kindergarten to eighth. She is co-author with Linda J. Dorn of three books, Shaping Literate Minds, Scaffolding Young Writers, and Teaching for Deep Comprehension and several professional development videos, including the Interventions That Work series. Her upcoming publication with Linda Dorn is focused on interventions that work for adolescent struggling readers.
- Author(s)Carla Soffos,Linda J. Dorn
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight496 g
- Width199 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.