All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a critical eye, Gabriel Rockhill guides you through complex debates in history, politics and aesthetics, giving you an overview of key issues and central figures, including Foucault, Derrida, Castoriadis, Badiou and Ranciere.
- Author BiographyGabriel Rockhill is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Villanova University, Directeur de programme at the College International de Philosophie in Paris, and Founder and Director of the Critical Theory Workshop at the Universite Paris Descartes. He is the author of Radical History and the Politics of Art (Columbia University Press, 2014) and Logique de l'histoire: Pour une analytique des pratiques philosophiques (Editions Hermann, 2010). He co-edited and co-authored, with Alfredo Gomez-Muller, Politics of Culture and the Spirit of Critique: Dialogues (Columbia University Press, 2011), which has also been published in French and in Spanish. He co-edited and contributed to Jacques Ranciere: History, Politics, Aesthetics (Duke University Press, 2009) and Technologies de controle dans la mondialisation: Enjeux politiques, ethiques et esthetiques (Editions Kime, 2009). He also edited and translated, with John V. Garner, Cornelius Castoriadis' Postscript on Insignificance (Continuum Books, 2011), as well as Jacques Ranciere's The Politics of Aesthetics (Continuum Books, 2004).
- Author(s)Associate Professor of Philosophy Gabriel Rockhill
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.