All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with practical pointers and examples, this indispensable, straight-talking guide helps professionals conduct productive interviews while building strong working relationships with culturally and linguistically diverse clients. Chapters cover avoiding different types of bias; verbal and nverbal ways to build rapport and convey respect; how to overcome language barriers, including effective use of interpreters; culturally competent interviews with children and adolescents; and key issues in working with immigrants and refugees. Strategies for avoiding common cross-cultural misunderstandings and producing fair, accurate reports are presented. Every chapter concludes with thought-provoking discussion questions and resources for further reading.
- Author BiographyLisa Aronson Fontes, PhD, is a Core Faculty Member in Union Institute & University's PsyD Program in Clinical Psychology. She has dedicated almost two decades to making the social service, mental health, criminal justice, and medical systems more responsive to culturally diverse people. Dr. Fontes has published widely on cultural issues in child maltreatment and violence against women, cross-cultural research, and ethics. She has worked as a family, individual, and group psychotherapist, and has conducted research in Santiago, Chile, and with Puerto Ricans, African Americans, and European Americans in the United States. In 2007 she was awarded a Fulbright Foundation Fellowship, which she completed in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Dr. Fontes is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese and is a popular conference speaker and workshop facilitator.
- Author(s)Lisa Aronson Fontes
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight606 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.