All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis respected text skillfully combines evidence-based interviewing skills and cognitive-behavioral intervention change strategies applicable to a wide range of client ages, cultural backgrounds, and problems in living. The book interweaves attention to conceptual and empirical foundations with an emphasis on practical skills and real-life factors in contemporary settings with diverse clientele. Long commended for its synthesis of up-to-date professional kwledge with case models, learning activities, and guided feedback, INTERVIEWING AND CHANGE STRATEGIES FOR HELPERS: FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS AND COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS, 6e International Edition, features a new streamlined and reader-friendly design, as well as essential new information on vital topics such as ethics, critical thinking, client resistance, exposure therapy, the helping relationship, and recent developments in cognitive behavior therapy. These valuable additions complement a proven instructional format focusing on essential kwledge, skills, values, and tools needed by today's professional helpers.
- Author BiographyPaula S. Nurius is the Grace Beals Ferguson Scholar, Professor, and Associate Dean in the School of Social Work at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr. Nurius is a mental health specialist with research, practice, and teaching experience that addresses perception and responding under conditions of stress and trauma. She brings particular concern for vulnerable, marginalized populations and to fostering prevention and resilience-enhancing interventions. Her current scholarship focuses on childhood and cumulative life course stress, including impacts of maltreatment, nonviolent adversity, and poverty on physical, mental, and behavioral health disparities. She enjoys the outdoor life of the Pacific Northwest with her husband, daughter, and schnoodle pooch. Debra S. Osborn (Ph.D., Florida State University) is an associate professor in the department of Counselor Education at Florida State University. She has an established program of research with three specific foci. These include the design and use of technology in counseling, innovation and effectiveness in counselor education, and the design and use of assessments in career services. Dr. Osborn is passionate about career counseling, having served as president of the National Career Development Association and as a counselor educator for almost two decades. Sherry Cormier is Professor Emerita in the Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Counseling Psychology at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia. She is a licensed psychologist in the state of West Virginia. Her current research and practice interests are in counseling and psychology training and supervision models; issues impacting girls and women; health, wellness, and stress management; and grief recovery. She lives at the beach near the Chesapeake Bay and enjoys kayaking, yoga, biking, hiking, reading, and music in her leisure time.
- Author(s)Debra Osborn,Paula Nurius,Sherry Cormier
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication11/04/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1120 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 6th Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.