All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated to reflect the latest research and issues, INTERVIEWING AND CHANGE STRATEGIES FOR HELPERS, 7E, International Edition introduces you to the kwledge, skills, values, and tools needed by today's professional helpers. The authors' conceptual foundation reflects four critical areas for helpers: core skills and attributes, effectiveness and evidence-based practice, diversity issues and ecological models, and critical commitments and ethical practice, using an interdisciplinary approach that reflects the authors' extensive experience in the fields of counseling, psychology, social work, and health and human services. The text skillfully combines evidence-based interviewing skills and cognitive-behavioral intervention change strategies, thus preparing you to work with clients representing a wide range of ages, cultural backgrounds, and challenges in living.
- Author BiographyPaula S. Nurius is the Grace Beals Ferguson Scholar, Professor, and Associate Dean in the School of Social Work at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr. Nurius is a mental health specialist with research, practice, and teaching experience that addresses perception and responding under conditions of stress and trauma. She brings particular concern for vulnerable, marginalized populations and to fostering prevention and resilience-enhancing interventions. Her current scholarship focuses on childhood and cumulative life course stress, including impacts of maltreatment, nonviolent adversity, and poverty on physical, mental, and behavioral health disparities. She enjoys the outdoor life of the Pacific Northwest with her husband, daughter, and schnoodle pooch. Cynthia J. Osborn is Professor of Counselor Education and Supervision at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio. She is a licensed professional clinical counselor and a licensed chemical dependency counselor in Ohio. Her research, clinical practice, and teaching have focused on addictive behaviors and counselor supervision from the perspectives of motivational interviewing and solution-focused therapy. Additional scholarship has addressed case conceptualization and treatment planning skills, and stamina and resilience in behavioral health care. She enjoys reading character novels and practicing yoga, and she and her husband together enjoy exercising and the company of their Bichon Frise dog, Jake. Sherry Cormier is Professor Emerita in the Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Counseling Psychology at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia. She is a licensed psychologist in the state of West Virginia. Her current research and practice interests are in counseling and psychology training and supervision models; issues impacting girls and women; health, wellness, and stress management; and grief recovery. She lives at the beach near the Chesapeake Bay and enjoys kayaking, yoga, biking, hiking, reading, and music in her leisure time.
- Author(s)Cynthia Osborn,Paula Nurius,Sherry Cormier
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1125 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 7th Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.