Interviewing in Action in a Multicultural World by Bianca Murphy, Carolyn Dillon (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $207.43+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $373.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth edition of INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD provides students with the clinical wisdom and hands-on practice to fully develop their clinical interviewing skills. Authors Bianca Cody Murphy and Carolyn Dillon have expanded many sections of the book with new material on techlogy, multiculturalism, and other timely topics. This up-to-date text also features new practice examples, essay questions, and self-exploration activities to prepare students for a variety of practice settings. It can be used as a guidebook for students who want to promote change through the client-clinician relationship. The book's integrated learning package features videos (introduced in the text and available through the CourseMate website) that present clips of real-life clinicians discussing key skills. The instructor's manual offers suggestions for classroom and homework activities that bring the materials to life. Praised nationwide by instructors in the helping profession, INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD is a practical, accessible text that prepares students for careers in the human services field. There are over 3 hours of video clips referred to in the text and viewable at the CourseMate website. These 53 video clips allow you to watch real-life clinicians implementing the skills discussed in the text. Students who purchase CourseMate for Interviewing in Action 5e also get access to an electronic version of the book that has the video clips imbedded in the text. Students can just log on at CengageBrain.com, read the ebook and watch the video clips interspersed throughout each chapter.
- Author BiographyBianca Cody Murphy, Ed.D., is Professor of Psychology at Wheaton College and a licensed psychologist practicing with Newton Psychotherapy Associates. Her research focuses on the clinical and health issues of lesbian, gay, and bisexual clients. She has served as president of Psychologists for Social Responsibility and as chair of both the American Psychological Association's Committee on Women in Psychology and the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest. Carolyn Dillon is Clinical Professor Emerita, Boston University School of Social Work, where she has won teaching excellence awards from both the Alumni Association and the student body. She received the Metcalf Award for teaching excellence and was the recipient of the Greatest Contribution to Social Work Education award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. She has published and spoken widely about the need for professional self-care and stress management and has consulted with social workers in health and mental health settings.
- Author(s)Bianca Murphy,Carolyn Dillon
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight862 g
- Width189 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.