All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD, International Edition provides you with the clinical wisdom and hands-on practice to fully develop your clinical interviewing skills. Authors Bianca Cody Murphy and Carolyn Dillon have expanded many sections of INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD, International Edition, including coverage of global issues, multiculturalism and spirituality. The updated text also features new practice examples to prepare you for a variety of practice settings, such as working with rural clients, immigrant clients and older clients. It can be used as a guidebook for students who want to promote change through the client-clinician relationship. INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD, International Edition is an integrated teaching/learning package, complete with an easy-to-read text, DVD and companion website. The DVD offers video clips of real-life clinicians discussing key skills, and the companion website includes student self-exploration activities, essay questions and web links. INTERVIEWING IN ACTION IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD, International Edition has been praised nationwide by instructors in the helping profession. It is a practical, accessible text that will help you prepare for a career in the human services field.
- Author BiographyBianca Cody Murphy, Ed.D., is Professor of Psychology at Wheaton College and a licensed psychologist practicing with Newton Psychotherapy Associates. Her research focuses on the clinical and health issues of lesbian, gay, and bisexual clients. She has served as president of Psychologists for Social Responsibility and as chair of both the American Psychological Association's Committee on Women in Psychology and the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest. Carolyn Dillon is Clinical Professor Emerita, Boston University School of Social Work, where she has won teaching excellence awards from both the Alumni Association and the student body. She received the Metcalf Award for teaching excellence and was the recipient of the Greatest Contribution to Social Work Education award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. She has published and spoken widely about the need for professional self-care and stress management and has consulted with social workers in health and mental health settings.
- Author(s)Bianca Murphy,Carolyn Dillon
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width185 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 4th Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.