All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterviewing is used very widely in qualitative research, and takes many different forms. The qualitative interview is also a method that is constantly evolving, in response both to theoretical and techlogical developments. King and Horrocks present a clear and thorough guide to the use of interviews in contemporary qualitative research. Writing in an accessible style, with many practical examples, the authors explore: the key debates in the philosophy and theory underlying interview methods; how to design and carry out interviews; the special requirements of group and remote (telephone and online) interviewing; and, the central issues of reflexivity and ethics. The book also features a chapter which introduces the principles and practice of the thematic analysis of interview data, and the book concludes with a detailed consideration of the use of interviews in two major qualitative research traditions: phemelogical and narrative approaches. Interviews in Qualitative Research is a must-have text for students and researchers planning to use interview methods for themselves. It is aimed at a broad range of disciplines with examples drawn from across the social, educational and health sciences.
- Author BiographyNigel King is Professor in Applied Psychology and Director of the Centre for Applied Psychological Research at the University of Huddersfield, UK. He has a long standing interest in the use of qualitative methods in 'real world' research. With a background in both organizational and health psychology, his research interests include professional identities and interprofessional relations in health and social care. He is author with Christine Horrocks of Interviews in Qualitative Research (Sage, 2010) and with Neil Anderson of Managing Innovation and Change: A Critical Guide for Organizations (Thomson Learning, 2002). Nigel is well-known for his work on Template Analysis and, more recently, the development of a visual interview technique known as 'Pictor'.
- Author(s)Christine Horrocks,Nigel King
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.21Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.