All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers both philosophical and practical ways to teach music through language and enhance literacy programs with music. It includes. 48 tried-and-true activities for preschool age through upper elementary. Lesson plans usable by both music and classroom teachers. A sequential development from phonemes to poems, from speech pieces to pentatonic orchestrations. . Arrangements for Orff Instrument ensemble and details of Orff orchestration. Models of how to imaginatively animate rhymes.
- Author BiographyDoug Goodkin is an internationally recognized teacher of Orff Schulwerk, a dynamic approach to music education for all ages, having taught courses in over 39 countries worldwide. Still working with children at The San Francisco School, where he has taught since 1975, he uses music as a vehicle to engage the mind, open the heart and affirm our collective humanity.
- Author(s)Doug Goodkin
- PublisherPentatonic Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPentatonic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, printed music items
- Weight657 g
- Width226 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.