Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1954 William Burroughs settled in Tangiers, finding a sanctuary of sorts in its shadowy streets, blind alleys, and lowlife decadence. It was this city that served as a catalyst for Burroughs as a writer, the backdrop for one of the most radical transformations of style in literary history.Burroughs's life during this period is limned in a startling collection of short stories, autobiographical sketches, letters, and diary entries, all of which showcase his trademark mordant humor, while delineating the addictions to drugs and sex that are the central metaphors of his work. But it is the extraordinary WORD, a long, sexually wild and deliberately offensive tirade, that blends confession, routine, and fantasy and marks the true turning point of Burroughs as a writer-the breakthrough of his own characteristic voice that will find its full realization in Naked Lunch. James Grauerholz's incisive introduction sets the scene for this series of pieces, guiding the reader through Burroughs's literary evolution from the precise, laconic, and deadpan writer of Junky and Queer to the radical, uncompromising seer of Naked Lunch. Interzone is an indispensable addition to the can of his works.
- Author BiographyWilliam S. Burroughs (1914-1997) guru of the Beat Generation, controversialeminence grise of the international avant-garde, dark prophet, and blackest of black humor satirists had a range of influence rivaled by few post-World War II writers. His many books include Naked Lunch, Queer, Exterminator!, The Cat Inside, The Western Lands, and Interzone.
- Author(s)William S. Burroughs
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/1990
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/01/2010
- Weight159 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byJames Grauerholz
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.