All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt might be asked if there is a need for yet ather large review on Intestinal Absorption, and the answer is that this is still a rapidly expanding field of interest both from the medical and scientific points of view. There is ample evidence for this in the number of papers which continue to be published, and the bul- letin on Intestinal Absorption issued by the Biomedical Infor- mation Project of the University of Sheffield lists about 150 titles per month, and there is still sign of any diminution in this rate. There are in fact so many papers that those interested in intestinal absorption have to be specialists in one particular field, but must at the same time be aware of the general deve- lopments in the subject as a whole. The last major review was the excellent volume in the American Handbook published in 1968, already six years ago, and indeed a number of the con- tributors to that volume have taken part in the present work. Some observations made in the introduction to a volume of the British Medical Bulletin on Intestinal Absorption some years ago are still pertinent. Progress in the experimental sciences is t continuous, but proceeds in phases of rapid expansion alter- nating with periods of slower growth.
- Author(s)D. H. Smyth
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBiomembranes
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight913 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.