All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is often remarked that politicians private lives are becoming a feature of political communication in many advanced industrial democracies. However, there have so far been genuinely comparative studies examining the personalized nature of political communication. Intimate Politics provides for the first time a systematic comparative analysis of such developments in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and the US. Drawing on a wide range of primary and secondary sources, it assesses the extent to which the private lives of politicians have become a feature of political communication in each democracy. The book provides a comprehensive account of the shifting boundaries between the public and private, and whether any developments are universal or more advanced in some democracies than others, and seeks to explain why this might be. Intimate Politics will be of great value for students and scholars of communication and media studies and political science and is required reading for anyone who wants a fuller understanding of the transformation of mediated politics in advanced industrial democracies.
- Author BiographyJames Stanyer is senior lecturer in Media and Communication Studies at Loughborough University.
- Author(s)James Stanyer
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width149 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.