All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume intergrates one contextual, developmental, and relational theory of personality socialization in the family and other settings with a complementary model of relational styles. Both the theory and the model share complementary characteristics of replicable operations in laboratory evaluation and in preventative and psychotherapeutic interventions in problems with intimate relationships. Further, both the theory and the model are linked to two major models of personality and intimate relationships, the circumplex and attachment, respectively. The theory's 15 models are derived from a variety of social psychological sources, including the social comparison model and resource exchange theory in social psychology. The complementary model, Elementary Pragmatic, owes its origins to communication and systems theories, going beyond them in specificity and applications. Scholars and researchers looking for vel and original ideas demonstrating how to link theory with practice and evaluation with interventions will find this volume of interest.
- Author BiographyLUCIANO L'ABATE is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at Georgia State University. PIERO DE GIACOMO is Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Institute of Psychiatry at the Medical School of Bari University, Italy.
- Author(s)Luciano L'Abate,Piero DeGiacomo
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight813 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.