All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInto Woods is an exuberant, profound, and often wonderfully funny account of ten years in the life of author Bill Roorbach. A paean to nature, love, family, and place, it begins with his honeymoon on a wine farm in France's Loire Valley and closes with the birth of his daughter and he and his wife's return to their beloved Maine. These essays blend journalism, memoir, personal narrative, nature writing, cultural criticism, and insight into a flowing narrative of place, a meditation on being and belonging, love and death, wonder and foreboding.
- Author BiographyBill Roorbach is the author of the O'Henry Award-winning story collection Big Bend, as well of the novels The Smallest Color, Life among Giants, and The Remedy for Love. He also wrote the memoir, Summers with Juliet and the essay collection Into Woods. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including The Atlantic, Harper's Monthly, Granta, and the New York Times magazine. He lives with his family in Farmington, Maine.
- Author(s)Bill Roorbach
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Weight258 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.