Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young hero comes of age in the crucible of war and galactic struggle! When Allen Allenson, scion of a ble family that has fallen on hard times, gets a mission to roust the power-hungry Terrans from a wild star sector where they're encroaching, he jumps at the chance to show his individual worth, improve his family's fortunes, and gather eugh lucre to make a good marriage. But the wily Terrans are t so easily persuaded by a young colonial they think of as a rube. Worse, Riders, the beings who naturally ply the wilderness between the stars, are playing their own deadly political games - against the Terrans, against the colonials, and against one young greenhorn commander in particular: young Allen, whom they figure they can manipulate to do their bidding. The one thing body has counted on is the fact that Allen, while young and inexperienced, and much to his own amazement, happens to be a hero in the making.
- Author BiographyThe Army took David Drake from Duke Law School and sent him on a motorized tour of Viet Nam and Cambodia with the 11th Cav, the Blackhorse. He learned new skills, saw interesting sights, and met exotic people who hadn't run fast enough to get away. Dave returned to become Chapel Hill's Assistant Town Attorney and to try to put his life back together through fiction making sense of his Army experiences. Dave describes war from where he saw it: the loader's hatch of a tank in Cambodia. His military experience, combined with his formal education in history and Latin, has made him one of the foremost writers of realistic action SF and fantasy. His bestselling Hammer's Slammers series is credited with creating the genre of modern Military SF. He often wishes he had a less interesting background. Dave lives with his family in rural North Carolina. Dr. John Lambshead is senior research scientist in marine biodiversity at the Natural History Museum, London. He is also the Visiting Chair at Southampton University, Oceanography, and Regent s Lecturer, University of California. He also writes military history and designs computer and fantasy games.
- Author(s)David Drake,John Lambshead
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight558 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.